We plan on you having a safe and fun experience at Steens Mountain Guest Ranch. However, cowboying is a lifestyle that doesn’t go without risk. Steens Mountain Guest Ranch does not assume responsibility for injury, loss of personal belongings, or time lost or expenses incurred incident to injury. Prior to arrival you may individually purchase vacation trip insurance, which may cover cancellation, personal property and personal injury. You will also be required sign a Waiver/Release Agreement (click for a print and mail copy or an online fillable form) before beginning your activities at Steens Mountain Guest Ranch.
All guests should have immediate access to personal transportation while at the ranch,
in case they would like to visit other recreational or historical attractions in the area, etc.
- Children coming to the ranch must be at least 12 years old and mature enough to handle and ride a horse on their own (with training). This age restriction is necessary for the safety and enjoyment of all guests.
- Steens Mountain Guest Ranch does not provide child care.
- We are very family oriented. If your family exceeds our limit of four guests per week please contact us so we can make accomidations to allow your family to enjoy this experience as a family event if we can.
- As part of the crew, guests will work with or be in close proximity to large, strong animals, heavy farming equipment and other ranch/cowboying implements. With your personal safety in mind (and ours!), alcohol is prohibited during cowboy working hours—that means as long as we're working—and alcoholic beverages are not provided or sold on the ranch. You may bring your own, but please respect our concern for safety if we ask you to confine alcohol use to "after hours."
- Designated areas exist for smoking, but we reserve the right to amend or adjust these if weather conditions result in increased fire risk on the ranch. If we ask you to refrain from smoking in certain areas, please know that it is for the safety of all—we do not offer "range fire" as one of our ranch experiences, and you do not want to be found in the middle of one!
- Gas - We are 45 miles from any gas stations. You will want to make sure you fill up before you come out, so that you will have pleanty of gas to do any site seeing you might want to do!
- Cell Phone Service- There is no cell phone service here at the Guest Ranch. However you are welcome to use our phone to make any necessary calls. There is limited cell service at the Cow Camp if you have Verizon Wireless as your provider.